Utility scale solar is any solar panel installation over 20 kVa, but most people think about photovoltaic projects larger than 1 Megawatt of solar power when they start to think about utility scale solar.
Small scale solar tends to be less than 50 solar panels, whereas larger solar installations can be anywhere from 100 to 10,000 solar panels and these systems can require more engineering and design services.
Iowa Solar has conducted advanced research and engineering for large scale solar projects, and we are familiar with the ways of minimizing costs when installing a large scale solar system.
- Strong relationships with solar module suppliers allowing us to get large amounts of solar panels at the best pricing.
- Strong industry relationships with key partners who design inverters and utility scale systems.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for utility-scale and large-business solar.
If you want to install a large, utility-scale solar farm in Iowa, then contact Iowa Solar.
We also do large commercial business solar. If your business uses massive quantities of electricity we would be excited to connect with you on your next solar project.
We operate out of our main offices in Davenport, Iowa.
The truth about large solar farms.
Oil companies want to scare you when it comes to solar, because solar can put them out of business in a jiffy! Large oil companies are making massive investments in large scale solar farms until they corner the market, after which suddenly they will be saying “solar is great!”
- Solar panels release no pollution. Solar panels are made almost entirely out of glass and aluminum, which are highly recyclable!
- Solar panels are great for farmland – the land under the solar panels is allowed to rest, yet it still receives nitrogen from the air and nutrients from rainwater. If a solar farm is dismantled in 50 years, that land is ready to farm and healthier than ever!
PS: Solar panels make great neighbors. They produce no noise!